- 2013, Ed.D., Olivet Nazarene University
- 1996, M.S. (Health Care Administration), University of St. Francis
- 1992, B.Sc. (Health Services Administration), University of St. Francis
Dr. Fabbi joined Olivet’s faculty in 2013. Currently, he is an affiliate professor, teaching in the Master of Business Administration and Doctor of Education: Ethical Leadership degree programs. He teaches courses in strategy and planning, and organizational change and transformation. His areas of specialty include: ethical leadership, strategic planning, business management, organizational change and development, quality management, leadership communication, and healthcare services administration and information services.
Before coming to Olivet, he enjoyed a long career as a registered nurse and a healthcare and leadership training professional. As director of patient and family centered care for Presence Health (formerly Provena-Resurrection Health), Dr. Fabbi was instrumental in leading the cultural transformation for 40 nursing homes and assisted living facilities, as well as six home care agencies, in the greater Chicago area. He has also held positions as a corporate trainer and organizational development manager. For eight years, he served as an appointed member of the Board of Examiners for the Baldrige National Quality Award — part of The Baldridge Program, which is a public-private partnership dedicated to performance excellence in the areas of healthcare, education, manufacturing, nonprofit, government, service and small business.
In 2013, Dr. Fabbi was honored with Olivet’s Dissertation of Distinction Award. While enrolled in the Ed.D. degree program, he conducted scholarly research in the area of leadership communication.
His professional presentations include:
* “Measuring Patient and Resident Experience: Satisfaction on Steroids” at Leading Age, Annual Conference, Chicago (2015)
* “Leadership Lessons from the Smothers Brothers” at Leading Age, Annual Conference, Chicago (2014) and Oakton Community College, Clinical Education Conference, Chicago (2013)
* “Leadership Lessons from Peter, Paul, and Mary” at Illinois Home Care and Hospice Council Annual Convention, Chicago (2013)
He and his wife, Rose, are the parents of one daughter, Annmarie. In his leisure time, Dr. Fabbi enjoys kayaking and biking, as well as performing on upright bass and guitar.