- 2016, Ed.D. (Adult & Higher Education), Northern Illinois University
- 2013, MS.Ed. (Master’s, School Business Education), Northern Illinois University
- 2012, Certificate of Adult Continuing Education, Northern Illinois University
- 2009, M.B.A. (Master’s, Business Administration), Northern Illinois University
- 1992, B.S. (Business Administration - Accounting), West Virginia State University
Dr. Sherry Reynolds-Whitaker has more than two decades of experience in accounting, financial analysis, business management, and school administration. She is the Assistant Director of Finance for Community Unit School District 308. Prior to accepting the SD 308 position, she worked as the intern business manager and served as a regional consultant for the Illinois State Board of Education. She has also worked as a project manager for OfficeMax, a cost accounting manager for Bankers Life & Casualty, and has also held various accounting/leadership positions for corporations such as CB Richard Ellis, CNA and IBM. She has enjoyed sharing the knowledge gained through these professional experiences with her students.
Dr. Reynolds-Whitaker is a resident of Bolingbrook, IL who is married with three children and enjoys playing basketball and watching grand slam tennis. She is an active member of Illinois Association of School Business Officials (IASBO), since 2011, and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, a community service organization, since 1991. Other professional development and services are Kappa Delta Pi, Delta Epsilon Chapter – Education Honor Society and Academy of Human Resource Development.