Join Our Team!
Interested in becoming an adjunct faculty member for Olivet’s School of Graduate and Continuing Studies? Whether you are interested in teaching online or in a classroom onsite at one of our many locations, you can begin the process by completing an application.
Olivet Nazarene University is a Christian liberal arts institution founded, owned, and operated by the Church of the Nazarene. It is dedicated to make “Education With a Christian Purpose” a reality for both faculty and student. Therefore, Olivet Nazarene University’s School of Graduate and Continuing Studies programs seek to employ persons who subscribe to its educational mission and whose personal and professional lives reflect:
- A belief in and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith as these are interpreted through the historic witness of the Bible and the contemporary ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- A vitality of Christian experience which is maturing in insight and application and which is appreciative of differing viewpoints.
General Requirements for Faculty Appointment
- The appointee must have completed the formal written application, including a list of references and official transcripts.
- It is preferred that the appointee has a doctoral or terminal degree. The degree must be from a regionally accredited institution, and it is expected that this degree is in the area in which the applicant wishes to teach.
- The appointee should be a practitioner in the discipline in which he/she wishes to teach and have significantly responsible experience in the field or related fields. Proficiency might be demonstrated by previous teaching experiences, publication, or formal presentations.
- The appointee agrees to adhere to the specific policies and procedures of Olivet and to fulfill the requirements of class assignments.
- The appointee must demonstrate literacy and fluency with technology.
- The appointee must understand and be comfortable working with adult learners, and have demonstrated ability to work effectively with adults/colleagues.
- The appointee should not be a recent graduate of the ONU program he/she desires to teach in. ONU graduates may apply three years after program completion and must demonstrate qualified experience in the field.