The Pursue ONU initiative gives students the opportunity to be simultaneously admitted to Olivet Nazarene University and a participating community college. The goal is to create a seamless and successful transition to transfer students intending to complete their baccalaureate degree at ONU. Students who are admissible to both ONU and a participating community college are eligible to benefit from the Pursue ONU initiative. Pursue ONU students receive academic advisement from both the community college and ONU to assist in the completion of the associate and bachelor degrees. A Pursue ONU student will have the opportunity to participate in activities at both ONU and the participating community college.
- Be assured that they are taking only the courses they need at both ONU and community college.
- Have the opportunity to complete his/her bachelor’s program more quickly by taking general education and prerequisite courses in the major BEFORE beginning as a full-time ONU student.
- Be given transfer support by an ONU Transfer Coordinator to ease the transition from the community college to ONU, working with them to identify a plan for maximizing the dual admission opportunity.
- Have the opportunity to begin taking courses at ONU during the summers (and the school year when possible) prior to full-time enrollment at ONU, ensuring that they are well prepared for the ONU program.
- Have the opportunity to lock in the ONU tuition rate for the core program courses at the time of admissions, ensuring that if rates go up, the rate change will not affect them.
- Possibly be eligible for additional discounts on tuition depending on the community college partner.
Olivet Nazarene University (ONU) and Ancilla College have announced a new partnership agreement that will allow students to seamlessly transfer from the community college and begin pursuing a four